Stress is a factor of life, and can be both positive and negative. If left to long without awareness, it can cause imbalances in our bodies. We need to be aware of how stress is affecting us, and learn what our stress factors are. Once we know what is causing our stress, we can then deal with this to the best of our ability.
- Identify the sources of your stress, and write them down or talk about them with a friend.
- Awareness is the antithesis to stress. Becoming aware of things that you find relaxing and practicing them daily will allow you to manage negative stressors and feel more in control of your life.
- Make a list of what you find relaxing. This could be reading, walking, playing with your pets, having lunch with a friend, practicing yoga and meditation. Whatever it is that relaxes you can go on your list.
- Positivity is a way of life, so begin cultivating an optimistic attitude. Positive affirmations are an excellent way to do this.
- Exercise, meditation and progressive relaxation are all fantastic ways to release stress on a daily basis.