Finding yourself tense and unable to relax? Our modern lives are busy and can leave us depleted and unable to relax. Here are a few simple tips to get you on the right track:
- Step outside and absorb mother nature’s healing energy. Take your shoes off and feel the earth under your feet if you can; its extremely grounding.
- Sip on a cup of calming herbal tea. Chamomile or lemon balm are good options. Their relaxing properties will help unwind your nervous system.
- Breathe. Take a moment to stop, relax your shoulders and just breathe. Slow the breathe and focus on the sensations.
- Laugh – laughter is a sure fire way to release tension. Tell some bad jokes, try to laugh without smiling (its hilarious), or rent a comedy.
- Meditation – this can be a beautiful part of a nourishing self routine that really calms your mental chatter.
- Run a warm bath and light some candles. Soak in the bath for 20 minutes and focus on relaxing each of your body parts whilst enjoying the warmth. Using Epsom salts will add to the relaxation.
Pick one of these tips that resonate with you and try it today.