Hydration – Create your own cool change

H2O – the way to go

Drinking eight standard glasses of plain, filtered water every day helps maintain critical moisture balance of the body and skin, and assists in detoxing. If you drink caffeinated beverages, you need to triple the amount of water you drink!

Stay as cool as a cucumber

While water is always the best way to stay hydrated, fruits and vegetables can also help too:

  • Cucumbers have a water content of more than 90 percent and can actually help the body not only stay hydrated, but flush out toxins as well.
  • Celery is loaded with water and is super easy to munch on.
  • Tomatoes are 94 percent water and can help keep your skin looking great. They’re a good source of Beta-carotene that can help protect your skin from sun damage.
  • Green capsicum is juicy, full of water, and is also an excellent source of antioxidants.
  • Watermelon is nearly 92% water. The remaining 8% is rich in the antioxidant Lycopene, a compound that helps your immune system produce antibodies to fight disease.
  • Make your very own natural ice blocks using fresh summer fruits. Choose whole fruits, fresh squeezed juices and natural sweeteners. Better still, get the kids to make them!

Protect the skin you are in

Here are some treatments to help protect your skin from the sun or to revitalise afterwards. You’ll find most of these at Eden, with great savings for UFS Pharmacies members:

  • Super-soothing botanicals and cooling gels can help prevent peeling and reduce redness and inflammation.
  • Keep your skin hydrated. Improve hydration with intensive masques, perfect for use once or twice a week. Boosters are a great complement, working best when layered underneath a moisturiser. Toners are a refreshing moisturiser preparation, working to even out skin porosity.
  • Exfoliate for clearer, smoother skin. Exfoliation removes dead, dulling skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturisers.
  • Bio-Hydroderm™ buffs away dead skin cells. It combines exfoliation, skin cooling and skin hydration for an immediately visible improvement to your skin.
  • Mineral sea salts and seaweed exfoliate while skin-smoothing enzymes help dissolve dead skin cells naturally for a smooth finish. Natural oils and extracts help stimulate the senses while cleansing and conditioning, and the added benefit of warmth helps invigorate the mind and body.
  • Body foliation therapy uses a rice bran powder to create a gentle yet effective exfoliant that whisks away dead skin cells, brightens skin and helps reduce the appearance of sunspots.
  • Try a sun-less tan like Self Tanning Lotion SPF 15 to build color gradually. Your face naturally will always be a shade or two lighter than your body. To build colour on your face as well, alternate between a tinted moisturiser and a facial self-tanner to achieve an even wash of sun-kissed colour.

Stay out of the harmful sun and still have a lovely golden glow for up to 10 days with a Tuscan Tan. Find out more at edenbody.com.au